Sunday, July 31, 2011

Books Reports - Catching Up!

I have been reading a ton, but I have not been reporting on my reading. So here is my quick list of books and reviews:

1. Blink-ThePower of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell - A super interesting read! Non-fiction and really intriguing book about how our minds work and make decions/come to conclusions.
2. The Tall Pines Polka by Lorna Landvik - She wrote one of my favorite books, Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons. Since reading that I have read several of her other books. This one was not as good as Angry Housewives, but much better then Welcome to the Great Mysterious. It was on par with Patty Jean's House of Curls. The characters were likable and memorable, but the story line was pretty out there. It was a good summer read.


3. Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon - Creepy book about a missing girl, but a GOOD creepy book. It will keep you up until 4 AM reading because you'll want to figure it out. And right when you think you have figured it all out it twists again.

4. Do Tampons Take Your Virginity: A Catholic Girl's Memoir by Marie Simas - Meh, it was 99 cents for my Kindle. It was recommended because I liked Tina Feys' Bossypants. It did not change my life. I am not sure it is worth 99 cents.


Currently I am reading At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson. It's super interesting and I am learning a ton! I am loving it.

1 comment: