Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Review: Welcome to the Great Mysterious


I recently finished reading Welcome to the Great Mysterious by Lorna Landvik. I have read a couple of her other books (Angery Housewives Eating Bon Bons and Patty Jean's House of Curls) and I really enjoyed them. Landvik is a good story teller and this book is no exception, although it's not as good at the other two I read. I didn't feel like I developed the same frienship with the characters like in Angery Housewives or House of Curls. It was a nice story, but it was very predictable. I enjoyed the characters, but not as much as her other books.


The story follows diva Geneve Jordan who travels from New York, where she is a well known, well paid Broadway actress, to Minnesota to care for her nephew for a few weeks. Her nephew, Rich, has Down's syndrome.


So in short, it's a fun read. It won't change your life and it's not nearly as well written as her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment